Machinist CTS (FTC for 12 Months)
Position Title Machinist CTS (FTC for 12 Months)
Title of Supervisor CTS Tech leads
Title of next level Supervisor Labs Department Manager
Location Testing laboratories (CTS)
To work as part of a small team preparing metal samples for mechanical and metallographic testing, duties include sawing of test blanks, manual and CNC machining and inspection in accordance with work instructions ensuring compliance with internal and external standards and specifications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Precision machining of test pieces using a range of equipment eg. grinders, millers and lathes (both manual and CNC).
• Carry out sample cutting in accordance with sample plans, procedures and drawings.
• Work to customer supplied and in-house test piece drawings and specifications.
• Carry out inspection of test pieces produced using calibrated equipment and approved methods.
• Maintain all necessary traceability and sign off worksheets.
• Work in an efficient and safe manner ensuring safe working surroundings.
• Work to provide results in a timely manner in accordance with planned dates.
• Ensure that all problems and potential problems are communicated to supervision.
• Having a working knowledge of relevant QA manuals and procedures.
• Develop personal competence by internal and external training as required.
• Assist with improvements to procedures, equipment, operating methods etc. to increase laboratory efficiency.
• Ability to interpret, follow and sign off work against internal procedures.
• Personal attributes: ability to work within a team, good communicator, willingness to learn and participate in improvement initiatives.
• Good standard of numeracy/literacy and ability to read engineering drawings.
• Computer literate.
Demonstrable Experience of:
• Relevant experience in manual and CNC machining
• Development/Improvement activities.
• Application of training.
• Positive attitude to safety & quality
• Experience in a range of testing (e.g. tensile, impacts, hardness, heat treatment) would be desirable.
Qualities & Attributes:
• Willingness to work as a team & share knowledge.
• Acceptance of accountability and responsibility
• Personal discipline to apply the requirements and accepted standards
• Pride in the workplace