Responsible for the mechanical engineering maintenance activities within a medium to heavy manufacturing environment.
Providing a proactive service which contributes towards reducing downtime, improving plant performance and reliability using
preventative and predictive maintenance methods and techniques.
You will be highly motivated, with a ‘can do’ attitude towards your work, as well as having a degree of flexibility to help meet
business needs and market demands.
You will be a major exponent of Health and safety practices, with a strong focus towards work quality and plant standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Carry out both re-active and pro-active maintenance tasks, including VIM, VAR and ESR furnaces.
• You will be required to understand mechanical systems and be able to diagnose problems/plant faults constructively and
• Take part in the development, creation and implementation of PPM schedules to achieve maximum machine availability.
• Record daily activities and creation of work orders within a CMMS (Pirana), as well as using the system to assist with any fault
• Attend and contribute towards daily and weekly planned maintenance meetings/plant priority reviews.
• Identify/specify and order critical parts using the companies Ecrib system.
• Contribute towards the control and improvement of critical spares requirements.
• Ensure that all parts required are booked out correctly and recorded as necessary.
• Work with specialist OEM service engineers where required.
• Facilitate lean ways of working to minimise waste and maximise efficiency, ensuring departmental objectives are achieved.
• To participate in training and upskilling activities to help maintain and improve your site and technical knowledge.
• Undertake any other tasks, which are reasonable in relation to the skills, knowledge and experience.
• Able to perform safety & quality risk assessments and work.
• Adhere to standard safe practices and procedures, environmental and legislative requirements.
Skills Experience and Qualification
• A relevant vocational qualification e.g. NVQ,ONC, HNC, HND, C&G or an appropriate apprenticeship. Employees without
these qualifications but who can demonstrate relevant industrial knowledge and experience will be considered.
• Some electrical experience/qualification or the willingness to undertake electrical cross skilling training.
• IOSH qualified.
• Experience of furnace mechanics and their control system.
• Experience of furnace vacuum systems or vacuum technologies.
• Experience within a medium to heavy manufacturing environment, although applicants from other industries would also be
• Good fault finding and problem-solving skills essential – mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems.
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
• PC literate.
• Good standard of numeracy and literacy.
• Exemplary timekeeping and attendance.
• Demonstrate the ability to work as an individual and as part of a team.
• Ability to direct and influence others without having line management accountability.
Qualities & Attributes
• Ability to work within a team and share knowledge.
• Ability to communicate effectively and relate to people at all levels of the organisation.
• Degree of flexibility as required to meet business needs and market demands.
• Participate in improvement activities and demonstrate previous involvement.
• Personal discipline to apply the requirements and accepted standards.
• Self-motivated, Pro-active and reliable.
• Work accurately & diligently with high level of attention to detail.
To apply, please send you CV and a covering letter to HR.