Position Title Sawyer / Furnace Assistant
Title of Supervisor/Manager Melting and EP Manager
Location CSEW Works – Engineered Products
Shift 15 Shifts
To safely work in a team of two assisting in the heat treatment of classified rotating shaft components. This position also involves the sawing of Datalloy blooms, 718 sale ingots, shaft strings, remelt electrodes and general sample taking/cutting to length.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Safe handling of a wide range of product forms using cranes and FLTs.
• Following QA procedures/instructions and maintaining identities.
• Brinell hardness testing.
• Operation of a range of saws.
• Strict adherence to Company health and safety procedures.
• Furnace loading / unloading.
• General vehicle loading / unloading and despatch duties.
• Using computer based production control system to indicate completion of operations.
Skills, Experience & Qualification
• 5 GCE’s A-C. Employees without these qualifications but who can demonstrate relevant industrial knowledge and experience will be considered.
Demonstrable Experience of:
• Development/Improvement activities
• Application of training
• Positive attitude to safety & quality
Qualities & Attributes
• Willingness to work as a team & share knowledge
• Acceptance of accountability and responsibility
• Personal discipline to apply the requirements and accepted standards
• Pride in the workplace
• Exemplary level of timekeeping and attendance.